Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Toilet Paper Roll Wall Art



What You'll Need:
- around 15 toilet paper rolls (more or less depending on how big/small you want it)
- acrylic paint(s) & brushes
- matte mod podge & sponge brush
- hot glue gun
- scissors
- newspaper/scratch paper


Step One:
Peel off any leftover bits of toilet paper. Smash down the rolls to create a leaf-like shape. Then cut each roll into three pieces. I decided to cut them at varying sizes to make it more interesting.


Step Two:
Paint them whatever color(s) you see fit. I chose these three Craft Smart acrylic paints from Michael's which I purchased for 50 cents each. Then I let them dry for about half an hour.


 Step Three:
Once they were dry I applied a thin coat of mod podge to seal and give a subtle glossy finish. Mod podge takes longer to dry so I just let it sit over night to assure it was completely dry.

Step Four:
Next, I played around with how I wanted to arrange the pieces. I was originally going to connect them all into one large piece but as I started hot gluing, I decided it would be easier to make three seperate shapes. This also allowed me to experiment with their composition when I hung them up.

Stay Inspired! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment